To continue to be the leading firm at all times offering the finest legal services timeously efficiently in a friendly atmosphere to the corporate and business world, investors, property owners and those individuals with high impact cases and to uphold the integrity of our profession. We shall strive to make a real difference in the lives of our people.
- To become a one stop firm for all corporate and commercial legal matters and kindred services;
- To be the clear choice for potential clients consistently providing service in excellence with global recognition;
- To be influential in all matters of jurisprudence at all levels of society;
- To attain and maintain a certain living standard for our people.
What We Offer
We are mainly a corporate, commercial and mining law firm. We are a one stop shop for a client’s needs when doing business in Zimbabwe. Although we have a long heritage, our thinking is progressive.
Our firm has one office situated on the 12 and 13 floors of the CABS Centre on 74 Jason Moyo Avenue, Harare. Our firm comprises twenty-one (21) lawyers, twelve (12) of whom are Partners.
We take pride in our pool of qualified and very talented lawyers who have diverse backgrounds in their training, all of them working under one roof. What this means for our clients, is that you will have access to the top local talent in the country. Access to this type of talent pool directly correlates with our ability to continue to develop succession planning for your mandates and make sure our teams are staffed with the finest resources.
Our recruitment process ensures that we hire capable lawyers who are personable and appreciate the value of a strong rapport and the building of long term relationships with our clients. We recognize the importance of being easy to do business with. We deliver people who you will want to deal with.
How We Work
We have a culture of collaborating with our client to ensure that we tailor advice that minimizes clients’ risk, propagating client objectives whatever they may be and mostly we aim to add true value to our client’s cause.
We believe in long term relationships, relationships which can only be built if we are trustworthy, open and fair to our clients and to each other. Work in our teams is distributed according to the complexity of the matter and the ability of the practitioners handling the work. The engagement partner(s) will weigh the complexity of the matter, distribute the work to be done and monitor the quality of work produced. Our Terms of Engagement are available on our website.
Key Strengths and Differentiators
- A knowledgeable and professional team with a sound local perspective
Associations and Ratings
- Scanlen & Holderness is a first rate legal services provider as confirmed by Chambers International Law Directory, which is the leading rating agency for lawyers worldwide.
- We are a member of Lex Africa, an association of leading law firms. 54 African countries – one entry point: Lex Africa. We, like the rest of the Lex Africa members, were invited in recognition of our status in this jurisdiction as a leading law firm. Lex Africa maintains only those members who are vetted to be continuous leaders in their jurisdictions. Only one firm per country qualifies for membership of Lex Africa
- We were recognized internationally by being invited to join Meritas, a worldwide association of lawyers which carries out annual quality control audits of its members.
- Our invitation followed a survey done by Meritas which classified us as a leading law firm in this jurisdiction. We joined Meritas during the third quarter of 2012.
- We have long standing members of the International Bar Association with our Senior Partner being the Co-Chairperson of the Human Rights Department
- We have a Best-Friends-Relationship with Clyde and Co of London and are able to draw on their expertise where necessary
- We have also established professional relationships with other regional and international law firms outside of our networks